Number composition assignment
- Compose a short piece of music using numbers. The fingers you are allowed to choose from are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- You need to have four lines of numbers, and your song needs to be saved in the P: (Public) drive as a Microsoft Word file.
- To open Microsoft Word, go to the Start menu, then start typing “Word” — it should appear in the program list.
- Save your file here: P:\Mrs. West\6th grade turn in folder\Number Composition\yourlastname.docx
- Your song needs to be in the same format as the sample songs here.
- You need to have four lines of notes with 4-6 notes in each line. You CAN repeat notes in each line. Make your songs as interesting as you can, and work together with your partner!
Letter composition assignment
- Compose a short piece of music using letters.
- You need to have four lines of notes with 4-6 notes in each line.
- Use C, D, E, F, G, A, B and high C. Save the file in the “Letter Composition” folder.
Finale NotePad composition assignment #1
- Compose a 16-32 measure song in Finale NotePad.
- Open Finale NotePad, enter your title and full names, choose “blank staff” on the instrument list and create a 32 measure document.
- Enter your notes using the mouse or keyboard. Stay between low C and high A (one ledger line above/below the staff). You may use whole, half, quarter, eighth and sixteenth notes.
- Be creative! Avoid repetition (more than 2 notes/4 of each duration/3 notes at a time).
- Save your file here: P:\Mrs. West\6th grade turn in folder\Finale NotePad 2\yourlastname.docx
- Print the rubric here.